Living City: Finally, a Second Avenue Subway
About the Project
Oct. 2, 2014
The New York Times
The NewsDox unit of BlueChalk produced the Living City series in collaboration with The New York Times video department and metro desk.The six-part series looks at a range of major New York city and state infrastructure projects, from subways to waterways, waste management to steam systems.
Stalled since 1929, a new subway line is being created on New York City's Upper East Side, but the vast construction efforts are impacting residents and local businesses in the highly congested area. In “Living City: Finally a Second Avenue Subway” we venture into the progress and process of the city’s latest subway line in-the-making.
The Living City series is the first major initiative to come from NewsDox, a division of Blue Chalk Media designed to report and produce visual journalism with news organizations and knowledge brands.
- Greg Moyer, Executive Producer
- Melanie Burford, Series Producer
- Gabriela Arp, Associate Producer
- Luke Versalko, Associate Producer
- Bob Sacha, 1st Director of Photography
- Jamie Francis, 2nd Director of Photography
- Andrew Hida, Assistant Camera
- Nathan Fitch, Assistant Camera
- Gabriela Arp, Assistant Camera
- Luke Versalko, Assistant Camera
- Daniel Quintero, Editor
- Drew Jordan, Design and Animation
- Andy Clausen, Composer
- Digital One, Audio Design
- Original Cinematography