Living City: A Tale of Two Bridges
About the Project
Sept. 18, 2014
The New York Times
The NewsDox unit of BlueChalk produced the Living City series in collaboration with The New York Times video department and metro desk.The six-part series looks at a range of major New York city and state infrastructure projects, from subways to waterways, waste management to steam systems.
“Living City: A Tale of Two Bridges” compares the decision to replace the 60-year-old Tappan Zee Bridge connecting Westchester and Rockland counties across the Hudson River with the decision to renovate the iconic Brooklyn Bridge that is more than twice that age. The film accompanies an installment of The New York Times series “A 21st-Century Span” by metropolitan reporter Joseph Berger.
The Living City series is the first major initiative to come from NewsDox, a division of Blue Chalk Media designed to report and produce visual journalism with news organizations and knowledge brands.
- Greg Moyer, Executive Producer
- Melanie Burford, Series Producer
- Gabriela Arp, Producer
- Luke Versalko, Associate Producer
- Bob Sacha, 1st Director of Photography
- Jamie Francis, 2nd Director of Photography
- Rob Finch, Editor
- Daniel Quintero, Assistant Editor
- Eleonore Hamelin, Assistant Camera
- Melanie Burford, Assistant Camera
- Drew Jordan, Design and Animation
- Andy Clausen, Composer
- Digital One, Audio Design
- Pablo Diez, Sound Recordist
- Juan Bertrán, Sound Recordist
- Original Cinematography