Stories of Small Town America
About the Project
Oct. 19, 2016
This is the second in a collection of videos produced for the TIME magazine series,"The Influencers," which captures conversations between two influential people as they discuss an important topic.
Two-time, Grammy-winning singer/songwriter, Kacey Musgraves, and best-selling author, J.D. Vance, have a lot in common. Both are storytellers profoundly influenced by their upbringing in small rural towns.
In their conversation, filmed at San Francisco’s famed venue, The Fillmore, the two discuss how their family inspires their work, their desire to create authentic art and balancing far-flung success with a longing for home.
- Rob Finch, Creative Director
- Natalie Taylor, Director/Producer
- Elias Koch, Director of Photography
- Bernardo Pantoja, Editor
- Graham Deenan, Additional Cinematography
- J.P. Dobrin, Additional Cinematography
- Blake Henderson, Sound Recordist
- Andy Haney, Grip/Lighting/Electric
- Archival photos, courtesy of Musgraves family and J.D. Vance
- Additional footage, courtesy of Kacey Musgraves
- Original Cinematography