Careers › Researcher/Writer Interest Form
Our team is producing a large volume of educational videos in 2019, and we're looking for some great writers who may be interested in helping us create engaging scripts for this project.
If this sounds like something you're interested in, please read below for more details.
- Researching issues or questions within the realm of the humanities including: U.S. History, Political Science, Art History, Communications, Psychology, Sociology, or Public Speaking.
- Crafting cogent scripts for 5-7 minute "explainer" videos for a college-age audience.
- Conducting interviews with experts in the fields you're covering.
- Responding to feedback from a Senior Editor, Senior Producer and clients.
- Capable of working quickly as part of a fast-paced team.
- Able to think visually and write to support graphics and other visuals.
- Experienced at thoroughly researching topics, synthesizing findings into a story, and writing a script on a deadline.
A good sense of humor, a diverse background, and curiosity about the world considered pluses.
- Freelance journalists or writers.
- Those with education, curriculum development, history or humanities research backgrounds who are capable of explaining clearly and cogently the major points of a particular issue in an engaging way.
- Experience writing for the screen is ideal.
- Scripting is anticipated to begin in early 2019.
- Work would be on a contract basis.