Airbnb: Back From the Antarctic Sabbatical
Feb. 18, 2020 : With Airbnb
Next Project: Travel Oregon: Wish You Were Here →
Blue Chalk partnered with Airbnb to post-produce its film that documents the experiences of five volunteers as they ventured to one of our planet’s greatest remaining wildernesses – Antarctica.
Selected from more than 140,000 applicants, the citizen scientists traveled south and joined trip leader Kirstie Jones-Williams to assist with her ongoing research on microplastics and Antarctic pollution. The crew spent two weeks on the ice, collecting snow samples from remote locations and processing them in a lab back at basecamp.
By showing the effects of pollution in the far reaches of our planet, Jones-Williams hopes to create a sense of responsibility around protecting our natural world and inspire environmental ambassadors.
- Logan Burruss, Producer/Director
- Peter Alsted, Director of Photography
- Peter Alsted, Sound Operator
- Rob Finch, Creative Director
- Eric Schoenbrun, Editor
- Jesse Crowell, Editor
- Mariko Fujinaka, Post-production Manager
- Amy Polansky, Post-production Manager
- Aubrey Moore, Assistant Editor
- Kashi Hall, Colorist
- Jim Cooke, Sound Mixer