The Promise of Oregon: Year Three
Feb. 10, 2017 : With Oregon School Boards Association
Next Project: A Chance to See Again →
For the third year in a row, the Oregon School Boards Association (OSBA) hired Blue Chalk to create a statewide campaign to encourage a groundswell of support for investing in public education. The campaign required both creative strategy and new digital tools to grow their reach online.
This year's film is titled "What Makes Oregon, Oregon?" and we visited every corner of the state—from the stretches of desert in the east to the coastline of the west—to create a film that emphasizes the need to invest in Oregon's schools by prioritizing revenue reform legislation that benefits these students’ learning.
Along the way, we met inspiring students who are proud to call this beautiful state their home. They remind us of the potential these students hold if we give them the opportunities and tools they need to succeed.
When we invest in our schools, we invest in our future. We are proud to be a part of the Oregon School Boards Association’s efforts to prioritize education.
About The Promise of Oregon Campaign:
Since 2014, Blue Chalk has traveled throughout Oregon to create a diverse array of still portraits and videos for The Promise of Oregon.
So far, "The Promise of Oregon" campaign has featured nearly 600 portraits of Oregon's young people, "Promise Kids," who will define the direction of the state as the next generation's leaders. The campaign highlights one “Promise Kid” each school day of the campaign on the homepage of the website, and across social media.
The digital effort includes branding, a robust WordPress site, and a digital strategy for building and growing the campaign on social media and email. In addition to creative work, Blue Chalk provided new tools and training to the OSBA communications team.
- Jamie Francis, Director of Photography
- Rob Finch, Director
- Julianne Parker, Producer
- Rob Finch, Editor
- Maria Kjellstrand, Whitney Bradshaw, Jesse Crowell, Assistant Editors
- Jed Alger, Julianne Parker, Rob Finch, Alex Pulaski, Writers
- Gordon Klco, Maria Kjellstrand, Natalie Taylor, Bruce Ely, Assistant Camera
- Claire Wasmann, Little Girl
- Canara Heinke, Voice
- "Blueprints" by Keen Collective, Music
- Original Cinematography
- Original Still Photography
- 2017 Rosey Awards, Award of Excellence, Web Video
- 2017 Rosey Awards, Award of Excellence, Cinematography
- 2017 Platinum PR & Agency Elite Awards - Visual Storytelling Campaign, Honorable Mention
- 2017 Communicator Awards, Online Video - Videography/Cinematography, Award of Distinction
- 2017 Communicator Awards, Award of Excellence - Online Video - Activism
- 2017 NSPRA Publications and Electronic Media Contest - Award of Excellence
- 2017 W3 Awards, Silver Award, Video Features, Videography/Cinematography