The Red Door Project: Evolve
Oct. 16, 2019 : With The August Wilson Red Door Project
Next Project: Blue Chalk Graphics Reel →
The August Wilson Red Door Project is not just any theater production company. Their mission is nothing less than to “change racial ecology through the arts.” Blue Chalk worked with the Red Door team to create a video that showcases their unique participatory process as they work to stage a series of monologues called “Evolve,” which tackles the fraught relationships between communities of color and law enforcement.
In the face of seemingly insurmountable conflict, the show takes monologues drawn from law enforcement perspectives as well as from communities of color and puts that conflict on stage. The result “challenges our biases and takes this charged, complex conversation to a level that generates compassion and empathy.” The video captures the hard work and deep consideration that actors, directors, and even audience members suffuse throughout the show.
This video is being used by The Red Door Project to demonstrate to collaborators and funders why their process works and deserves to be replicated in cities nationwide.
- David Waingarten, Creative Director
- Natalie Taylor, Director
- Whitney Bradshaw, Producer
- Chris Janjic, Director of Photography
- Amy Polansky, Production Manager
- Jamie Francis, Additional Cinematography
- Jason Greene, Additional Cinematography
- Shannon Neilon, Assistant Producer/ Sound Mixing
- Anna Rieke, Sound Recordist
- José Márquez, Editor
- José Márquez, Sound Design
- Kashi Hall, Assistant Editor
- Kashi Hall, Colorist
- Original Cinematography