Sept. 1, 2017 : With Pearson
Next Project: Great Immigrants: The Pride of America, José Andrés →
Blue Chalk worked with Pearson Education to create a series of marketing videos about the importance of education to future success and how, for many, education is not something to take for granted.
"Ricardo's Story" is the first film to be released in this series and tells the story of a young student activist who has been protected by the Defered Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, an executive order promulgated by President Obama in 2012.
We hear about Ricardo's harrowing border crossing as a child, his family’s sacrifices once they reunite on U.S. soil, their anxiety around accessing higher education and his decision to fight for greater opportunities for himself and the many people with similar circumstances who will follow.
Pearson released "Ricardo" on Sept. 1, 2017, as an accompaniment to their signature on the FWD.us letter from Leaders of American Industry calling for President Trump to preserve the DACA program.
- Rob Finch, Director
- Natalie Taylor, Producer
- Rob Finch, Director of Photography
- Jason Greene, Director of Photography
- Maria Kjellstrand, Production Assistant
- Eric Schoenbrunn, Editor
- Ed Carlsen, Original Music Composition
- Digital One, Sound Design
- Original Cinematography
- Original Music Composition
- 2018 Cynopsis Short Video Awards, Honorable Mention, BranDed Content/Marketing
- 2018 Rosey Awards, Climbing Rose, Digital Video Under $50,000
- 2018 Communicator Awards, Award of Excellence, Branded Content-Documentary for Online Video
- 2018 Telly Awards, Bronze Award, General, Public Interest/Awarness for Branded Content