TED Partners: Dropbox
April 4, 2019 : With TED
Next Project: Freeland Spirits →
Blue Chalk Media continues its collaboration with TED with this short documentary about the way we work, created for TED's partner, Dropbox.
This video tells the story of TED Resident Keith Kirkland and his team at WearWorks and how they used haptic technology to develop products and experiences that communicate information through touch.
In 2017, WearWorks was faced with a seemingly impossible challenge: quickly develop a device for a blind ultra-marathon runner to compete —unaided and unassisted—in the New York City Marathon.
In this film, Jennifer Brook, a design researcher at Dropbox, explains how the team at WearWorks navigated the challenges and tensions of designing this groundbreaking new technology.
- Eléonore Hamelin, Director/Producer:
- Nora Ballard, Director of Photography (New York)
- Chris Janjic, Director of Photography (San Francisco)
- Kylie Juggert, Editor
- Miró Merrill, Graphics
- Conner Lee, Graphics
- John O’Connell Hannon, Assistant Camera (New York)
- Rick Cardone, Sound-Op (New York)
- Robert Weiner, Sound-Op (San Francisco)
- Vi Nguyen, PA (New York)
- Elizabeth Ann Hatcher, PA (San Francisco)
- Laura Yamasaki, Hair and Makeup
- Original Cinematography
- Original Music Composition
- Original Still Photography