Kiva: Nancy's Story
Dec. 27, 2019 : With Kiva
Next Project: Home is Here →
Sierra Leone is one of the poorest countries in West Africa where a large majority of the population doesn’t own a formal ID and is unable to access banks and the financial sector.
To tackle both of these systemic issues, the San-Francisco-based NGO Kiva launched the Kiva Protocol. This platform, created in partnership with international agencies and the government, allows citizens to use their fingerprint to prove their identity, access the financial sector and build a credit history.
We spent a week traveling around Sierra Leone to create this film that tells the story of Nancy Gbamoi, an entrepreneur, teacher, and single mother, who became the first Sierra Leonean to get her Digital Identity.
- Eléonore (Léo) )Hamelin, Director/Producer
- Eléonore (Léo) Hameliin, Director of Photography
- Dan Evans, Editor
- Eléonore (Léo ) Hamelin, Assistant Editor
- Conner Lee, Graphics
- Amy Polanski, Production Manager
- Rob Finch, Creative Director
- Original Cinematography
- Original Music Composition
- Original Still Photography