Rising From the Ashes
Dec. 10, 2020 : With Oregon School Boards Association
Next Project: A Sense of OHSU →
In September 2020, wildfires raged across the state of Oregon, forcing over 40,000 residents to evacuate. Most school buildings were spared, but hundreds of students and staff lost their homes.
The Oregon School Boards Association (OSBA) commissioned Blue Chalk to tell the stories of the state’s hardest-hit public school districts.
In a series of short films, viewers see resilience in students, teachers, and staff who must overcome immense tragedy.
These films were created as part of OSBA's "Rising From the Ashes" campaign, which aims to show where support is needed most to help Oregon students and their families rebuild. All of the films are available to watch on the OSBA website.
- Rob Finch, Creative Director
- Alex Pulaski, Executive Producer / Producer (OSBA)
- Sebastián Weinberg, Production Manager
- Chris Janjic, Director of Photography / Producer and Editor
- Erin Good, Producer (OSBA)
- Rachel Baker, Producer (OSBA)
- Amy Polansky, Post-Production Manager
- Mariko Fujinaka, Post-Production Producer
- Original Cinematography
- Original Still Photography