Tim’s New World
April 17, 2017 : With Blue Chalk Media
Next Project: No Ordinary Day →
Tim Bartow has a rare form of cerebral palsy that affects just 100 people in the US. Despite living with significant physical challenges, Tim is cognitively normal and aspires to be a writer and filmmaker someday.
In this poignant and powerful video, Tim makes the case for looking beyond the disabilities that some people face and seeing their humanity first.
He talks about all of the things he’d like to do and to have in his life, and then, suddenly, there is a surprise awaiting him. Tim’s mother, Liz Bartow, places virtual reality goggles over his eyes for the first time and his reaction is one that you will not soon forget. Welcome to Tim’s New World.
- Julianne Parker, Director/Producer
- Rob Finch, Director of Photography
- Greg Snider, Editor
- Sarah Marcus, Assistant Editor
- Maria Kjellstrand, Assistant Editor
- Lisa Jamhoury, Technical Producer
- Original Cinematography
- 2017 Davey Awards, Gold Award, Online Film/Video, Charitable/Not-for-Profit
- 2018 Communicator Awards, Award of Excellence, Video-Non-Profit for Online Video
- 2018 Cynopsis Social Good Awards, Honorable Mention, Philanthropic/Human Rights Campaign
- 2018 Telly Awards, Bronze AwardGeneral. Not-for-profit for Online